Basically the difficulty experienced is about connecting a laptop to a projector. But don’t worry, because the settings for using the Projector LCD are quite easy and you can do it yourself if you understand. You only need to prepare several main and supporting devices so that your Laptop can connect to the LCD Projector. There are several steps that can be prepared. To connect our laptop with a projector, there are several tools that need to be prepared. The following are the tools you need including :
- Laptop with VGA or HDMI connection
- LCD Projector
- Power cable
- VGA cable or HDMI cable
- Electrical Terminal Cable (optional)
Practical Installation Instructions
After all the equipment is available, then you just need to connect all existing devices. The following is how to connect the Laptop to the LCD Projector :
- First, turn on the laptop first, make sure you have enough battery
- Connect the Power Cable with the Projector LCD and the nearest power source, then push the power button on the LCD Projector.
- Navigate the projection from the Projector LCD to a white screen or wall and adjust the zoom and focus.
- Then connect the Laptop with the LCD Projector using a VGA cable or HDMI cable as per availability. Make sure you attach the cable to the input hole on the LCD Projector.
- After the Laptop with the Projector LCD is connected, usually the projector will automatically search for image / video sources, both from VGA and HDMI.
- If it doesn’t appear, press the Source button on the LCD Projector or remote to search for sources manually.
- Congratulations, you are ready to display your images and videos through the Projector.
Adjusting the Image Projection Display
There are several image projection options from the Projector after connecting with your Laptop. You just press the keyboard button with the Windows logo with the letter P. Then some choices will appear, including:
- PC Screen Only, meaning that you will only display images on your Laptop while the LCD projector will not show images.
- Duplicate, meaning that the LCD of the Projector will display the same image as the display on your Laptop
- Extend, it means you have two different screens, the Laptop screen (main) and the display of the LCD Projector. The Projector LCD will only display the image or video that you have specified. The method is easy, just by moving or dragging the image / video from the main screen (laptop) to the Projector LCD display.
- Second Screen Only, means that the display image or video will only appear on the projection of your LCD projector. The screen of your laptop will usually be dark because it doesn’t display anything.
This is what we explain about How to Connect the Laptop to the Projector and the choice of image projections that you can set according to your presentation needs. Hopefully it is useful to support your presentation activities.
Here are some choices of image projections above, we can try according to your needs. This will make it easy for those of us who want to display something on the LCD projector without having to feel confused about the way. However, in addition to the above method it turns out there are still more steps to connect the laptop to the projector that we can try.
How to Connect a Laptop to a Projector According to a Laptop Brand
After knowing how to connect the laptop to the projector like the one above. we can also implement ways that are no less easy based on laptop brands. Here’s how to easily connect the laptop to the projector.
- F7: Apple.
- Fn + F10: Fujitsu.
- Fn + F8: Epson dan Dell.
- Fn + F7: Sony dan Lenovo.
- Fn + F6: Toshiba, Sharp, HP, dan Acer.
- Fn + F3: Nec dan Panasonic.
We can apply several ways to easily connect the laptop to the projector above. That way, the way it is set up won’t make it too, easy and simple.