Surely you still remember this OS, Ubuntu, this time I want to write a way to install a printer into your Ubuntu desktop operating system. The printer that I use here is an HP deskjet printer version 1515. Why did I choose an HP brand? Not because of promotion, this these brands are well-known to support and provide drivers for open source operating systems like Ubuntu. Immediately I started the steps for installing the HP 1515 printer on the Ubuntu desktop. This method can also be used for other printer brands, it’s just that I can’t guarantee the availability of drivers for the Linux operating system (Ubuntu). Oh yeah, my advice is, when installing and setting up the printer, it’s better for your Ubuntu computer to connect the internet, a with the steps:
1. Insert the HP Deskjet / Inkjet 1515 printer into the computer in both living conditions.
2. Then click the unity logo in the top left corner, then type the printer, to enter the printer settings menu, as shown in the image below:
3. After entering the printer menu, you have not installed and configured the printer inside your Ubuntu, then there are no printers that are installed in the system as shown in the image below:
4. Click add to the printer, after that, you will be shown an application window detected by the printer hardware that is connected to your computer, because I used to connect an HP 1515 printer with a USB connection on my Ubuntu computer. If the printer series detected on the Ubuntu computer is complete according to the hardware series, it is a sign that Ubuntu is providing the installer for the driver, as seen in the image below:
5. Click forward to proceed to the next step, next step I am asked to give the name of the printer in the system, I write it as in the display below, then click apply:
6. Automatically, the driver will be installed on my Ubuntu computer, then after successfully installing you will be asked to test print page as seen in the image below to ensure that the printer driver installation process has been successfully carried out:
7. After successfully installing it properly, every time you see the printer menu through the unity bar, it no longer looks empty as shown below:
8. Then it looks like this picture:
9. If you double-click the printer icon, the settings will appear as shown below:
10. To ensure once again, then I tried to do a print test through the Kingsoft Office application that is on your Ubuntu operating system, if you successfully install the printer, then the print function display using the printer that we installed earlier looks like this:
It’s easy not to use Ubuntu Desktop? No less easy with other paid operating systems such as Windows and Mac OS. Please try and don’t be afraid to explore other Ubuntu capabilities.